Experienced Immigration Attorney

Immigration is a complex area of law that is difficult to navigate without proper training and expertise. An experienced immigration attorney can help you determine the best way for you and/or your family member to accomplish your US citizenship and immigration goals, and also help you navigate the process. We can assist you with yourboth Immigrant and Non-Immigrant Visas, U.S. or consular processing, waivers, and deportation defense.

Types of Visas: Which One is Right For Me?

Well, it depends on your goals. Immigrant visas are available to those individuals who wish to obtain permanent residency (“green card”) to live and work in the United States, and to become U.S. Citizens through naturalization. Non-immigrant visas, on the other hand, are available to those individuals who wish to visit the United States on a temporary basis for purposes of pleasure, business, work, studies, investment, and who agree to return to their home country upon expiration of their visas. Whatever your needs are, we can help! Our immigration attorney will meet you face to face to discuss your case and to develop a plan and strategy to accomplish your goals.

So, how do I get a green card?

Family-Based and Business-Based Immigration

Further, immigration can be further broken down into two areas: family-based or business-based immigration. In family-based immigration, the petitioner is a U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident. For instance, in the case of a U.S. Citizen petitioner, he/she may petition for his/her spouse, children, parents, or siblings. A Legal Permanent Resident, on the other hand, can only petition for his/her spouse or children. In business-based immigration, the petition is the business or employer. Of course, in order to determine the best avenue for you to pursue legal permanent residency, many factors need to be considered. Hence, the importance of an initial consultation.




Asylum is yet another category of immigration. This category is reserved to the people to come to the United States seeking protection because they have suffered persecution or fear that they will suffer persecution due to race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion. Once eligibility is established, the applicant may be permitted to remain in the United States.

The application for asylum must be filed within one year of arrival to the United States, and the applicant may include his/her spouse and children who are in the United States on the application at the time of filing or at any time until a final decision is made on the case. The children, however, must be under 21 years of age and unmarried.

Non-Immigrant Visas

As is the case with immigrant visas, there are many non-immigrant visa categories. Non-immigrant visas are reserved for those individuals who wish to come to the United States on a temporary basis for business, pleasure, or education. These types of visa include B1/B2 visas for business and pleasure, Student Visas for education, including visas for religious workers, athletes, and entertainer.

U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service has an excellent website with additional information concerning each category described above. Visit http://www.uscis.gov

Passport Services    

Although completing and filing an application for a passport is fairly standard, we have seen the need for legal representation when, for instance, the U.S. Department of State refuses to issue a passport claiming U.S. Citizenship has not been established. If you need assistance in obtaining or renewing your U.S. Passport, we are here to help. For more information directly from the U.S. Department of State, visit http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/apply.html

Share this: